Since, I have begun to dedicate different Omega 3 food sources for different dishes, I have found that getting my daily intake in, has become a lot easier. Hopefully, this will help you incorporate more as well.
Ways I incorporate a few of my omega 3s:
- Flaxseeds (Golden): pancakes, waffles, baking in part for flour or egg quantity – add extra liquid usually ¼ cup to 2-3 tbsp flax meal is fine, sauces (fruit or savory)
- Avocados/Avocado Oil: drizzled atop salad or cooked beans and rice, smoothies.
- Seaweed: Add it to any type of cooked beans (small red chili beans, lentils of any color, garbanzo) as greens
- Toasted Walnuts/Walnut Oil: in baking in part for oil or butter quantity, smoothies
- Macadamia Nut Oil: Mix with coconut oil to use as butter in a glass jar, smoothies, sautés.
- Ghee: I use this one sparingly; it has such a distinct taste. It is so easy to make from organic butter! A tsp or so, mixed in cooked beans, sautés.
- Molasses: Love it stirred into oatmeal or drizzled atop peanut butter and banana
- Sardines: with crackers and mustard (mustard seeds contains large amount of Vit E, antioxidant against oxidation in animal sources)
Getting a routine down, helps me, in making sure I get my Omega 3s. Of course, any time, I want to change it up, I know that I can!
Get free blog updates via email!
How are you incorporating your Omega 3s? Let me know!